How do I get my Nexus 7 to show up in the adb devices list ?




Problem:
  • Nexus 7 that I'm trying to connect to Windows computer for automation over adb
  • No device driver for nexus 7 ?
What did not work:
  • I did click on the build number 7 times to get the developer options enabled
  • Tried connecting both as a Media device (MTP) and as a Camera (PTP). ("Connected as a media device" up at the top left corner, de-selecting Media Device (MTP) and then checking Camera (PTP).)
  • downloaded this usb driver: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/nexus7/usb_driver_r06_windows.zip
  • Go to the device manager , right click the nexus device and choose properties, choose "hardware" and then choose update your driver , choose manualy and pick the folder you opend the zip file to and press apply.
What worked for me:

The universal adb driver installer worked for me. Download the universal driver exe Run with the device connected and it will give you an option to install. http://adbdriver.com/
Install that and you will now see the option on your tablet to connect to the computer :)

Update: What worked on Windows 8.1


If the device is listed in Device Manager as Other devices -> Android but reports an error code 28:
  • Google USB Driver didn't work for me. You could try your corresponding OEM USB Drivers, but in my case my device is not listed there.
  • So, install the latest Samsung drivers: SAMSUNG USB Driver v1.5.33.0
  • Restart the computer (very important)
  • Go to Device Manager, find the Android device, and select Update Driver Software.
  • Select Browse my computer for driver software
  • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  • Select ADB Interface from the list
  • Select SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface (this is a signed driver). If you get a warning, select Yes to continue.
  • Done!

Happy Android Automation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Software Testing @ Microsoft

Trim / Remove spaces in Xpath?